Temporary Residence for EU family member
If you have a family member who’s an EU citizen, you can apply for temporary residence in the Czech Republic. Pexpats help you with the entire process.
We prepare all the paperwork for your application and support you through every step of the process. Most tasks are done for you with a power of attorney so you save your time and avoid the bureaucratic hassles. Your temporary residence permit is ready in 5 - 8 months. It extends for 5 years and can be prolonged or used to apply for permanent residence.
What’s in your Family Member Visa Package?
- Complete preparation of your paperwork and arrangement of the application process
- Official registration of you as a foreigner in the Czech Republic*
- Arrangement of your Czech birth number (a mandatory administrative code)
- Ongoing monitoring of your application status with regular updates
- Arrangement of any required bridging visas while you wait for your temporary residence permit
- Handling of all technical issues
- Booking of all your appointments
- Support in-person
- Fast and clear answers to all your questions
*This means you won’t have to register with the Czech Foreign Police.
What you need to provide
- Proof of your legal accommodation (e.g. rental contract, ownership deed, or proof of accommodation form from the legal property owner)
- Two (2) passport ID-sized photos**
- A signed power of attorney for our arrangement of your temporary residence (to be completed at our office)
- Health insurance card***
- Proof of family ties to an EU citizen: marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate, etc.
**Photos should be in colour and 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with a white background.
***If you don’t have Czech health insurance, we’re happy to arrange it for you.
The fixed fee of your EU Family Member Package is 18.200 CZK (all-inclusive)****
****It is also possible to pay in instalments
1. Book your appointment with us
2. Send us a scan of the proof of accommodation or rent contract
3. Meet at our offices and bring all the documents you need to provide
4. Sign the power of attorney for our arrangement of your residency
5. We prepare and lodge your application for you
6. We arrange for any required bridging visas while your application’s being processed
7. Your application’s approved! We book your appointment to collect your temporary residence
8. We come with you to pick up your certificate