Czech Temporary Residence Certificate for EU Citizen
If you’re planning to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months, having a temporary residence certificate is a major advantage.
PraguExpats takes care of your entire temporary residence permit application.
We do everything needed to set up your temporary residence using a power of attorney. You skip all the trips to the immigration office. Once your certificate is ready, we’ll come with you to pick it up. Most of our clients receive their certificates in 21 days.
What you get in your Temporary Residence Certificate package:
Complete handling of your residence certificate application
- Official registration of you as a foreigner*
- Arrangement of your Czech birth number (a mandatory 10-digit code based on your date of birth)
- Booking of an appointment to collect your certificate + support during the appointment
- Fast, easy-to-understand answers to all your questions
What you need to provide:
- Your passport
- Your rental contract or proof of accommodation form
- Two (2) passport ID-sized photos**
- A signed power of attorney to be completed at our office
- Your health insurance card*** (EHIC card from your home country is also accepted )
*This means you won’t have register with the Czech Foreign Police.
**Photos should be in colour and 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with a white background.
***If you don’t have health insurance, we can arrange it for you.
The cost of the full-service package is 6,000 CZK.
Why do I need a temporary residence certificate (temporary residence permit)?
As an EU citizen, you’re not obliged to apply for a temporary residence certificate. However, if you’re planning to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months, you’ll probably find that having this certificate is a big help.
Without this certificate, it may be hard to register your vehicle, purchase real estate, get a mortgage, obtaining Czech driver’s license or even park in some districts of Prague with prepaid parking zones. Some foreign employers may also require you to have a Czech temporary residence certificate when applying for a business visa to their country.
After holding a temporary residence certificate for 5 years, you can apply for a permanent residence permit