Permanent residence permit
Czech Permanent residence for EU citizens
If you’ve been living in the Czech Republic continuously for 5 years, you qualify for permanent residence. Permanent residence in the Czech Republic brings major benefits. PraguExpats takes care of the entire application process.
We prepare all your documents and arrange your Czech permanent residence application using a power of attorney. You save your time and make minimal trips to government offices. Once your residence permit is approved. we come with you to pick it up. The entire process takes 45 days.
What’s in your Czech Permanent residence package?
- Complete preparation of your paperwork and arrangement of the application process
- Arrangement of your Czech birth number (a mandatory administrative code)
- Preparation of any other requested documents
- Monitoring of your application status with updates
- Booking of all appointments
- In-person support at all appointments
- Our experts on hand to answer all your questions
PLUS we take care of all of the authorities’ fees.
What you need to provide :
- Your passport
- Proof of your legal accommodation in the Czech Republic (e.g. rental contract, ownership deed, proof of accommodation form signed by the legal owner of the property)
- Two (2) passport ID-size photos*
- A signed power of attorney for arranging your permanent residency (to be completed at our office)
*Photos should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and in colour with a white background.
The fee for the Permanent Residence Package is 9,000 CZK all-inclusive
Next steps :
- Book your appointment with us.
- Meet at our office for a free consultation.
- Sign the power of attorney for arranging permanent residency.
- We prepare all your documents and book an appointment at the immigration office.
- You accompany us to lodge your application.
- Your residence permit’s ready! We book an appointment and come with you to pick it up.
Why I Should Have A Permanent Residency?
As an EU citizen, you’re not required to apply for permanent residence in the Czech Republic. If you’re planning to stay in the country for a while though you’ll find that having a Czech permanent residence permit brings some crucial advantages.
Two of the most important benefits of permanent residency over temporary residency concern your eligibility for a mortgage and public health insurance. Without this permit, it may be difficult to register your vehicle, purchase real estate, get a mortgage or even park in some districts of Prague with prepaid parking zones.
After holding a permanent residence permit for 5 years, you can apply for a Czech citizenship.
For NON-EU Nationals
If you stay continuously in the territory of the Czech Republic for 5 years, you can apply for the permanent residence permit. Only half of the period of stay for the purpose of studies shall be counted.
You can also submit the application in these cases:
- You prove Czech origin
- You meet the condition of 5 years of continuous residence in the Member States of the European Union as a holder of an EU Blue Card
- If the legal representative of a foreign national born in the territory resides on the basis of a permanent residence permit, they are obliged to file an application for permanent residence on behalf of the child within 60 days of the child’s birth
- A foreign national applying for this permit as a minor child or adult dependent on a foreign national who is staying in the Czech Republic on the basis of a permanent residence permit, if the reason for the application is family unification, then he/she may apply for permanent residence for reasons of special consideration
The following requirements must be submitted with the application:
- Fulfillment of the condition of 5 years continuous temporary residence
You have to apply in person.
Our fee for the permanent residence permit is 9 000 CZK (plus individual fees and charges for translations/notary fees).
For more information do not hesitate to contact us.