How to Check the Status of Your Application
- How to check the status of your application online
- How to use the online appointment system for immigration services
- How to easily track visa / residency applications with Pexpats’ Status Check
Check Visa or Residency Status Online
How to find and use your reference number
- On the confirmation, your reference number is OAM- 01234- 321/DP- 2023.
- In the web portal, input only OAM- 1234/DP- 2023 to enter the system.
Abbreviations and codes
- DP - Long-term residency application status with any type of purpose of stay
- DV - Long-term visa application status with any type purpose of stay
- TP - Permanent residency application status for EU citizens, EU citizens’ family members, or third-country nationals
- PP - Temporary residency application status for EU citizens, EU citizens’ family members, or partnership visa
- ZK - Employee card application or extension application status
- ZM - Employment change application status
Status pending, rejected, or approved
- Pending - A status of ‘pending’ means the case is still in process, and you may need to submit further documents.
- Rejected - If ‘rejected’, MOI has denied the application. In this case, you should contact the service provider, MOI, or embassy for the grounds of rejection. You can then decide based on their reasoning if it makes sense to appeal the decision.
- Granted- If ‘granted’, MOI has approved your application. However, it does not mean the visa is available for pickup, or that you have a biometrics appointment yet. The following steps will depend on the type of approval, visa, residency, or extension.
- For a 1st visa application - The visa will be issued in the form of a visa sticker into your passport (travel document). Contact the responsible embassy to arrange pickup.
- Extension approval - Extensions of any visa, residency or permanent residency will require a new biometric card. Contact the relevant MOI office to arrange a biometrics appointment.
- Residence for EU citizens - In the case of extension approval for temporary or permanent residence of an EU citizen, also arrange an MOI appointment. MOI will issue your residency certificate or green residency booklet depending on your status.
How to Book an Appointment Online
Easily check visa or residency status online
Need a help with Online appointment?
Why not make your life easier? Pexpats handles anything and everything expats need: consultation services, fulfilling appointments, filing applications, visiting official offices and much more. Simply book a spot with one of our professional advisors to get started today.