Getting Czech tax residency certificate
How to get a Czech tax residency certificate and proof of tax residency?
How to apply for a Czech tax residency certificate:
- Through your databox or
- Through a representative who can do it for you based on a power of attorney.
- Your application must be written in the Czech language.
- The proof of the Czech tax residency may be issued for the date of your application form or another past date. It cannot be issued for a future date.
- The confirmation can also be issued for a completed or partial tax period in the past. In the second case, you must specify the start and ending date, e.g. from 1.1.2020 to 1.4.2020.
- You can apply using an application form from another country if that country only accepts applications that use its own form. The original form should be provided with a Czech translation.
Information needed to prove your Czech tax residency
- Personal details: marital status, details of any children and their residence in the Czech Republic
- Proof of Czech residency, e.g. your residency permit or confirmation of your address (rent contract, property deed)
- Work contract, trade licence, or other proof you have binding ties to the Czech Republic, e.g. the residency permit of your spouse/child or their rent contract
Czech tax residency assistance in Prague
Get professional support from Pexpats
Why not make your life easier? Pexpats handles anything and everything expats need: consultation services, fulfilling appointments, filing applications, visiting official offices and much more. Simply book a spot with one of our professional advisors to get started today.