A non-EU foreigner may work in the Czech Republic with a valid employee card.

To be able to apply for the employee card you need to find yourself an employer and a job position.

The application for the employee card must be submitted at Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic – in the Department of Immigration and Asylum Policy.

You will have to submit in most cases these documents:

  • A travel document;
  • 2 photographs;
  • A completed form;
  • A document confirming the purpose of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic (contract with your employer, or contract of an intent of your future employer to hire you);
  • A document confirming the availability of accommodation for the period of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic;
  • An excerpt from the Penal register („criminal record“, „criminal history background“);
  • In some cases legalized and super-legalized copy of your diploma or secondary school leaving certificate including transcripts (according to the law requirements for concrete position). These documents will have to be validated (“nostrifikace”);
  • Travel medical insurance.


The decision  shall be issued in 60 – 90 days.

For the first application you have to apply in person. For the extension we can apply for you with a power of attorney.

For more information please see the web page of Ministry of Interior: http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/employee-card-682810.aspx.

Our fee for the employee card is 6.000 CZK (plus individual fees and charges for translations/notary fees).

For more information do not hesitate to contact us.


Your Team,