Conditions for Permanent residency
Who is qualified for permanent residency in the Czech Republic?
If the foreigner was living 3 years in another EU country with Blue Card and 2 years in the Czech Republic – you will be able to get permanent residence.
Who can apply for permanent residence before 5 years continuously stay with humanity reason?
a) Humanity reasons apply for:
- spouse of refugee (if the marriage was registered before one of the spouses entered the Czech Republic);
- the kid of the refugee under 18 (if the child didn’t apply for refugee status);
- former Czech citizens.
b) Specific circumstances
c) If it is in the interest of the Czech Republic
d) Minor child of a permanent residence holder
e) If the cancellation of the permanent residence was not older than 3 years (NOTE: only if it was cancelled because the permanent residence holder was out of the EU for 12 months; only if it was cancelled because the permanent residence holder was out of the EU for 6 years)
f) After 2 years of having temporary residency as a family member of the EU who has permanent residence in the Czech Republic.
How to count the years for Permanent residence?
1 year is half for a foreigner who:
- holds a long-term visa for purpose of staying “studies” D/VC/24 or D/VC/23;
- was out of the Czech Republic for more than 310 days (NOTE: it does not apply for foreigners who was pregnant, with health issue);
1 year for 1 year with the purpose of staying “ostatní” D/VC/99.
Who doesn’t need to pass the Czech language test?
- Children under 15 y.o.;
- In the last 20 years you’ve been studying continuously in Czech school (primary and middle schools) or a minimum 1 year in Czech at Czech University or you studied at Czech linguistic school;
- Proof of alternative test of Czech language that can be considered equal with the Czech language school;
- EU + non-EU Family Member;
- People with disabilities;
- Over 60 y.o;
- State security;
- Fake documents;
- Regarding polygamy (if you already reunited with 1 of your wives it is impossible to do it with your second one);
- Disrupt public order;
- Wrong information during the interview;
- Did not fulfil the conditions for long-term stays;
- Active deportation from another EU country.
Reasons for cancellation of permanent residency
- Getting Czech citizenship;
- Getting deported;
- Foreigners convicted for more than 3 years;
- Or foreigner convicted for 3 years continuously.