Temporary Residency Certificate for EU citizens
If you’re planning to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months, a temporary residence certificate is a big advantage, especially if you have a car or want to buy a property. Pexpats help you with the entire process.
We prepare all the paperwork for your application and support you through every step of the process. Most tasks are done for you with a power of attorney so you save your time and avoid the bureaucratic hassles. After your residence is approved, we come with you to pick up your certificate. Most of our clients have their certificates within 25 days.
What’s in your Temporary Residence Certificate package?
- Complete preparation of your paperwork and arrangement of the application process
- Official registration of you as a foreigner in the Czech Republic*
- Arrangement of your Czech birth number (a mandatory administrative code)
- Booking of all appointments
- Support in-person
- Fast and clear answers to all your questions
What you need to provide
- Proof of your legal accommodation (e.g. rental contract, ownership deed, or proof of accommodation form from the legal property owner)
- Two (2) passport ID-sized photos**
- A signed power of attorney for our arrangement of your temporary residence (to be completed at our office)
*This means you don’t have to register with the Czech Foreign Police.
**Photos should be in colour and 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with a white background.
***If you don’t have Czech health insurance, we’re happy to arrange it for you.
The fixed fee of your Temporary Residence Certificate Package is 7.100 CZK (all-inclusive)*
*It is also possible to pay in installments
- Book your appointment with us
- Send us a scan of the proof of accommodation or rent contract
- Meet at our office and bring the documents you need to provide
- Sign the power of attorney for our arrangement of your temporary residence
- We prepare and lodge your application for you
- Your residence permit’s approved! We book an appointment to collect your certificate
- We come with you to pick up your certificate
Remote process steps
If you cannot travel to the Czech Republic during COVID measures or you just prefer to stay in the safety of your home, we can help you with the whole process remotely.
1. Contact us
2. Send us a copy of your passport and residence address in the Czech Republic
3. We will prepare the documents for you.
4. We will email you the needed documents for signing
5. Your should print, sign and send by post to our office address
6. We will apply for your Temporary residency
7. Once your residence is approved we will accompany you for the collection of the certificate