One of the important requirements for visa/residence permit application for Non-EU citizens is to show "Proof of funds". You can prove it in several ways:
- Show your Bank Certificate/Letter with a minimum of 165 000 CZK in 2023 for 1 year staying in the Czech Republic (depends on purpose of staying);
- Show the confirmation from the University of receiving the scholarship. It is possible only for those who have the type of visa 23 and 24 with the purpose of staying "Study";
- If you are working, to show your salary, which has to be a minimum wage in the Czech Republic.
The second and the third ways are to obtain, you must contact your University or specific department at your work.
The difficulties can appear for those who are proving the funds with the Bank Certificate/Letter. Most people are confused between Bank Statement and Bank Certificate/Letter. The Bank Statement is a normal statement which you can download online from your banking with the detailed information of your transactions for a specific period. When the Bank Certificate/Letter is issued only by the bank after requesting it in person. The Bank Certificate/Letter is only 1 page with the information of a bank account holder and the current amount of money (you can see the difference in the picture).
Bank certificate confirmation for Czech visa purposes
To summarize the requirements for a bank certificate confirmation for Czech visa purposes, please note the following:
- The bank statement should show a minimum amount of 165,000 CZK or equivalent in your local currency, which is approximately 8,000 USD.
- The statement does not need to include detailed monthly transactions; a simple confirmation with a bank employee's signature and stamp is sufficient.
- Joint bank accounts are not recommended for visa purposes. If you have a joint account, the final balance should be twice the required amount for one person.
- If you share a joint bank account, such as with your mother, the required amount of 165,000 CZK is divided between the account holders. In this case, each person should have 82,500 CZK.
- A joint bank account with a balance of 165,000 CZK will not fulfill the visa conditions for one person. The final balance for a joint account should be 330,000 CZK, which is approximately 16,000 USD.
- It is necessary to have a debit/credit card linked to the bank account, with your name on it.
- If you are submitting the visa application outside of the US, you will need an official translation of your bank statement/letter into the Czech language.