Temporary Residence for British citizens
A UK citizen who plans to stay more than 30 days in the Czech Republic should apply for a temporary residence certificate (sometimes called a temporary residence permit). Pexpats help you with the entire process.
We prepare all the paperwork for your application and support you through every step of the process. Most tasks are done for you with a power of attorney so you save your time and avoid the bureaucratic hassles. Once your temporary residence certificate’s ready, we come with you to pick it up. Most of our clients have their certificates within 25 days.
What’s in your Temporary Residence Package
- Complete preparation of your paperwork and arrangement of the application process
- Official registration of you as a foreigner in the Czech Republic*
- Arrangement of your Czech birth number (a mandatory administrative code)
- Booking of all appointments
- Support in-person
- Fast and clear answers to all your questions
What you need to provide
- Proof of your legal accommodation (e.g. rental contract, ownership deed, or proof of accommodation form from the legal property owner)
- Two (2) passport ID-sized photos**
- A signed power of attorney for our arrangement of your temporary residence (to be completed at our office)
- Health insurance card***
*This means you don’t have to register with the Czech Foreign Police.
**Photos should be in colour and 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with a white background.
***If you don’t have Czech health insurance, we’re happy to arrange it for you.
1. Book your appointment with us
2. Send us a scan of the proof of accommodation or rent contract
3. Meet at our offices and bring all the documents you need to provide
4. Sign the power of attorney for our arrangement of your residency
5. We prepare and lodge your application for you
6. Your application’s approved! We book an appointment to collect your residence certificate
7. We come with you to pick up your certificate
Remote process steps
After Brexit if you want to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days, you should apply for a long-term visa. For more information, you can check our service page for Non-EU citizens!!!