A non-EU foreigner may work in the Czech Republic with a valid employee card.

To be able to apply for the employee card you need to find yourself an employer and a job position.

The application for the employee card must be submitted at Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic – in the Department of Immigration and Asylum Policy.

You will have to submit in most cases these documents:

  • A travel document;
  • 2 photographs;
  • A completed form;
  • A document confirming the purpose of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic (contract with your employer, or contract of an intent of your future employer to hire you);
  • A document confirming the availability of accommodation for the period of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic;
  • An excerpt from the Penal register („criminal record“, „criminal history background“);
  • In some cases legalized and a super-legalized copy of your diploma or secondary school leaving certificate including transcripts (according to the law requirements for the concrete position). These documents will have to be validated (“nostrifikace”);
  • Travel medical insurance.

The decision shall be issued in 60 – 90 days.

For the first application, you have to apply in person. For the extension, we can apply for you with a power of attorney.

For more information please see the web page of Ministry of Interior: http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/employee-card-682810.aspx.

Our fee for the employee card is 6.000 CZK (plus individual fees and charges for translations/notary fees).

For more information do not hesitate to contact us.

The long-term visa processing time of the Czech Republic can take up to 90 days. You can arrange an appointment with the embassy of the Czech Republic and check your visa status via VFS Global

Your Team,