A non-EU foreigner may work in the Czech Republic with a valid employee card.
To be able to apply for the employee card you need to find yourself an employer and a job position.
The application for the employee card must be submitted at Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic – in the Department of Immigration and Asylum Policy.
You will have to submit in most cases these documents:
- A travel document;
- 2 photographs;
- A completed form;
- A document confirming the purpose of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic (contract with your employer, or contract of an intent of your future employer to hire you);
- A document confirming the availability of accommodation for the period of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic;
- An excerpt from the Penal register („criminal record“, „criminal history background“);
- In some cases legalized and super-legalized copy of your diploma or secondary school leaving certificate including transcripts (according to the law requirements for concrete position). These documents will have to be validated (“nostrifikace”);
- Travel medical insurance.
The decision shall be issued in 60 – 90 days.
For the first application you have to apply in person. For the extension we can apply for you with a power of attorney.
For more information please see the web page of Ministry of Interior: http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/employee-card-682810.aspx.
Our fee for the employee card is 6.000 CZK (plus individual fees and charges for translations/notary fees).
For more information do not hesitate to contact us.